Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Great News!

OH MY  STARS ! ! ! 
You guys, the excitement that I feel is really hard to put into words right now!!! In my last post, I mentioned that in addition to having a booth at the Perfect Wedding Guide Bridal Show for the first time ever, we also participated in the Designer Showdown competition. Well. . . 
WE WON ! ! ! 
I am so excited and still a little shocked! 
The Designer Showdown is a competition between coordinators, planners, florists and pretty much any vendor that takes part in a wedding tablescape! There were 8 tables creatively curated by 8 different teams of outstanding vendors and the brides got to vote on their favorite. I am really at a loss for words because it was very unexpected! There was so much talent and so many other tables that I thought were sure going to win, but I never thought we would come out on top! I would like to congratulate Personally Yours and Bold, Beautiful & Beyond for their achievement in the competition, as well as everyone else that was a part of the showdown. You all did such a magnificent job!

Black and white stripes with pops of red flowers, mismatched vintage china, emerald green glassware, gold flatware, a floral runner, eclectic chairs and vases, exquisite flowers, place card topiaries, beautiful menus and our vintage props were just some incredible elements that created this piece of art! Here are some more pictures of our winning table. . . 
There were a few people involved with my table and I would like to say a special THANKS to Lalita, from Lalita Paperie + Designs, who is PEPLUM's "Paper Queen!" I could not have done this show without her! She was such a great help in so many different ways. Her paper goods were out of this world amazing! Courtney, from Dishie Rentals, who's dishes were really the cherry on top of our whole design! When I first started planning out this table, I wanted mismatched vintage plates, but didn't have enough of my own to make it happen. But, Courtney was heaven sent and she was such a HUGE part of our design and a reason for our win! Ann, from A Chair Affair, for letting us use their wonderful bench! My husband, because without his support and encouragement I would've never done this! The PWG gals for creating such a great opportunity for vendors to show their skills and shine! Finally, to all the brides who voted for us!!! We did it for you and couldn't have done it without you! I feel so honored and I really just can't thank you all enough! I joined the competition because I thought it would be fun to showcase what PEPLUM is all about and to inspire brides to think outside the box for their wedding decor. I am touched and humbled by how appreciative people are of my work. I look forward to what this year has for us! We are already planning the next show! (Which is our prize, by the way!) So, thank you, thank you, thank you...from the bottom of my heart! =)
Here are some photos captured by Clearly in Focus
 Coordination, Planning + Design, Floral, Props, Chairs: PEPLUM events&design
Paper Goods + Topiaries: Lalita Paperie+Designs & PEPLUM events&design
Table Linens: Kirby Rentals
Professional Photos: Clearly in Focus

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely amazing! I wish you were closer to me!! I would love to book you for my (near future?) wedding!!!

    Congrats, girl! I know how hard you've been working for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thank you so much! It mean so much to me! I wish I were closer too...I'd love to be a par of it! I'm sure it will be fabulous!!!! Thanks again, dear! xoxo

      Delete